Monday, May 17, 2010

MyFaceBerry

Since I returned to work after student teaching, I don't even bother using an alarm clock anymore. I just wake up at whatever time that may be and stroll into work. Today, I woke up covered in dirt from playing kickball the night before with a giant number 12 drawn on my hand showing my order in the lineup and an equally enormous hangover. I stumbled into work unshaven at around 10:30 and begging for water, having totally forgotten that today was Monday. The crazy part is that NO ONE says anything. Everyone greets me with a giant hello and acts like I am a champion for coming in at all. Have I lowered people's expectations of me that much? When just showing up is an accomplishment and a reason to rejoice? I will continue to test my limits until I find out what is not considered acceptable work ethic.
What else is there to do at work if I can't have a little fun? P.M., the computer tech, gave me access to facebook in return for doing computer work in the office, but the server must have been reset because I am once again blocked from using applications like facebook, myspace, youtube, etc. Who blocks shit like this in an office? Don't they know that success comes from networking, whether it's in person or over an internet service? Granted, I may not want the head of Nassau County's Office of the Aging Department seeing pictures of my brother and me in the Eiffel Tower position with the blow up doll of an 80 year old woman, but I think with proper censorship these tools have the ability to strengthen business relationships. And give me the opportunity to look at bikini pictures of hot chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment